Learn how to fight well and stay in excellent condition by coming to us for one-on-one boxing training in Clearwater, FL. At Clearwater Boxing Center, all of our coaches have years of real boxing training. Our highly experienced boxing personal trainers know the most effective way to help you achieve your goals and become a better fighter. Visit our facility for more information about our classes.
For more than 40 years, Ron Valicoff has trained in various styles of martial arts, such as karate, tae kwon do, kickboxing, and boxing. His main belief as both fighter and coach is that any and all success—whether it is in the ring or in life—comes from mastering the basics.
Since taking over as owner of the former Dunedin Boxing Club, Ron has produced several champion fighters and changed the course of many, many more lives in the process.
- 1972 Trained in Traditional Karate
- 1975 Began training in Kickboxing
- 1981 Light Heavy Weight Amateur Boxer
- 1981 Professional Kick Boxer
- 1982 Brown Belt Karate
- 1997 2nd Place Tough Man Contest
- 2000 USA Certified Boxing Coach
- 2006 Owner Dunedin Boxing Club
- 2008 Owner Clearwater Fitness and Boxing Center
Tony “TNT” Tucker
Like most fighters, Tony began boxing at a young age, learning from his father who himself was a fighter. He had a long and successful amateur career highlighted by earning gold medals at the Pan-Am Games and the World Cup, and also winning a spot on the 1980 USA Olympic Boxing Team.
In 1980, Tony turned Pro and racked up over 66 fights, with 58 wins and only 7 losses; 48 of those wins were by knock out! His most memorable experiences were fighting Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, and beating Buster Douglas to become the Heavyweight World Champion.
Today, you can find Tony “TNT” Tucker training here at Clearwater Boxing Center and taking time to oversee the development of many of the amateur fighters. When Tony speaks, people listen!
- 1977 Ohio State Finalist
- 1979 AAU Light Heavyweight Championship
- 1979 Pro-Am Light Heavyweight Champion
- 1980 Olympic Boxing Team
- Amateur Record 115-6
- 1980 Turned Professional
- 1986 USBA World Heavyweight Champion
- 1987 IBF World Heavyweight Champion
- 66 Professional Fights
- 58-7 Professional Boxing Record
- 48 Career Knockouts
As a talented upcoming young fighter, Zach severely injured his shoulder, requiring surgery and substantial rehab. Although his career came to an early end, his passion for the sport of boxing continued to grow. Today, you can find Zach as one of the coaches here at Clearwater Boxing, teaching classes, holding mitts, and helping fighters prepare for their bout.
- 12 Years of Boxing Experience
- Certified USA Boxing Coach
- Former Successful Amateur Boxer
- Former Successful Professional Boxer
- USA Certified Boxing Coach
- Registered Nurse for 20 Years
- Former Amateur Boxer and Kick Boxer
- Level One USA Boxing Trainer and Coach
- AFAA Personal Fitness Trainer
- Open Division USA Boxer and Certified USA Coach
Contact us for more information about our highly trained and experienced coaches. We proudly offer our classes for those throughout Clearwater, FL, and the surrounding areas.